If you have certain products in your inventory that come in different colors or sizes, you may want to give customers the option to select the type (color/size) that they want to purchase from your webstore. This can be achieved quite easily using Virtual Products in OMINS.
To do this, follow the steps listed below:
1. From products -> products promotion view in OMINS, open the product that you want to enable selection on.
2. Change the product type to virtual on the general tab as shown below.
3. Go to the assembly tab and check the “allow customer selection” box.
4. Enter a few characters of the part number in Part Number field and then click the product that you want to allow customers to select. Enter the appropriate quantity and add an appropriate name in the “selection dropdown name” field (for example size 10, blue, etc) and press the + button to add the product to the selection list below.
5. Repeat step 4 to add any other products that you want to enable selection on.
6. Go to the auction rules tab and set the rule type to webstore and save your changes.
This is how customers will see the product on the front end of your website:
In this example, the product was setup to offer multiple color choices. As can be seen above, customers on your webstore will be able to select the color from the Available Options dropdown and proceed to add the item to their shopping cart.
Note: You will need to create separate products in OMINS for each color, size, shape or any other attribute variation in order to allow customers to select them on your webstore. Theses individual products can then be added to the assembly section of the main virtual product as described above to enable selection.
This post is also available in: Chinese (Simplified)