There is a special automatic “pending details” status inside OMINS now
This is entirely and automatic system with a default automatic e-mail attached.
This is to let you know, which customer has paid but has not provided his/her address yet.
And allows you to turn on an automatic email to advise customers to provide their address.
Orders with no address also will no longer show up on the “to print” searches. Allowing more efficient workflow.
How this works:
1. If a customer pays for an item (non-pickup), but has not provided their address, the order will be automatically marked “pending details”, it would not appear in the “to print and dispatch today” search results.
2. If enabled, an automatic e-mail will go out to the customer requesting address details.
3. When address details are entered the order will go back to “open” and paid status and will appear on the “to print and dispatch today” invoice report to be printed and processed.
how does a order become “Pending Details” status?
Any time a (non pickup type) payment is applied and the address field is blank, the order will become “Pending Details”, this means any payment by bank deposit or any manually added (non-pickup type) payment.
This does NOT include :
- Paynow (paynow orders have to provide an address)
- Credit card (or any payment) via checkout: The checkout enforces address details before payment methods are provided.
- Ewebstores orders: ewebstores enforce address before payment
How to enable/change the automatic e-mail?
This is under invoice->invoice e-mails,
This e-mail is called “please send details” you can simple change this from inactive to active and start sending the default e-mail named “please send details”..
You can change the content of this e-mail in the “e-mail” tab of this setup.
You can set the schedule to send this e-mail to be sent. By default this is set to send out at 7:00 p.m. the day the status is set to “Pending details”. We recommend your team that day to check if the customer has sent their details via e-mail before e-mailing the customer. The scheduling is not recommended, if you want the e-mail to go out immediately.
for more information on omins automatic emails click here: (link to invoice email help)
How to search for orders that are “pending details”
On the invoice page, select pending details from status drop-down menu, (see picture). It will bring all the orders that have status “pending detail
Quick Link for pending details
You can also bring out the orders, which are “pending details” via a 2-click quick link.
Organizer menu ——>pending details (see quick link pic below)
You will now notice that two more quick links are now available in organizer menu:
1) To print and dispatch
2) To print and ready.
How does an order changed out of “pending Details” status:
- You can manually change the status
- You can manually add an address, the order will automatically change back to open status
- The customer can provide an address automatically (via Trademe, or the checkout) this will also cause the order to revert to “open” status and paid. (it will appear on the “to print and dispatch today filter)
Important note for automatic emails requiring customer address.
We have learned that if an order is in paid but no address, the status will automatically change to pending details. Now there is an email in invoice email setup (please send details) that automatically sends email to such orders requiring their delivery addresses. This sometimes poses some customer service issues if the order is pickup type, because customer receive an email demanding the delivery address even if he/she has mentioned pickup while purchasing.
So if you offer pick-up for your orders, we suggest you change the body of your automatic email that requires delivery address., as follows.
“If you wish to pickup your purchase this email is to advise we have received your payment and your item is ready for pickup, ELSE if you want it delivered, we do not seem to have received your address details.
Can you please reply to this email with your address details ASAP so we may dispatch your order to you”
for your information you can search pickup type orders in omins, as shown below.
In case you need further help in this regard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is also available in: Chinese (Simplified)